Friday, December 5, 2008

Not in rivers, but in drops....

I have now been home roughly 2 weeks. My laundry from tour is still sitting in the laundry basket next to its former homes: my dakine backpack and jansport duffel bag. I got my drivers license, and really that's the only thing that I have done while home that I had been planning on. I was supposed to get coffee with 2 different girls, one I had met through some dating site, randomly shut off all communications with me some time before i even got back, the other was too busy, so we took a rain check for the Christmas break. I was also supposed to start writing music/ lyrics for Sanctuary, Sanctuary. But whenever Matt and I chill, there always a bunch more people over. Understand I'm not at all upset, or whatever about all this non-happening. I;m simply observing. However, a few of my friends do do a good job of frustrating me to no end, My best friend Dane has time for no one it seems, and last time I saw him, was for 15 awkward minuted at his house after I waited 30 min for him and Steve to return from some jewlery store off of exit 4. He was upset that it had snowed, and was so depressed about it, it was catching. Now, I wasn't too thrilled about the snow either, but I refused to let it affect my mood.
After leaving I drove to Starbucks, drank an eggnog latte by myself(which I highly recommend, the drink, not so much the alone bit), drove to core... sorry SUNDAY AT 6.... then went home. What happend to epic all day hang outs with the crew? Wat happened to The Dane and Chuck Super duo who by any means neccesary would listen to as much awesome music, go to as many shows, tell as many kids about Jesus, and drink as many energy drinks as possible? We used to know what it meant to be best friends. I would hate to go to Germany with this shell of a relationship, What has it come to that my MOM not Dane told me that he plans on getting married next summer? To my sister, I hope to see you before I leave, whenever that is, and to my shoegazing friend I hope that you would know that I have no hard feelings towards you about anything anymore, and all I want to do is talk about music again, no one else on AIM will nerd out talking about bands with me.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I guess this means we need to have a conversation...

Gratz on the driver's license though! I knew you could do it!

Emily said...

I'm guessing I'm the shoe gazing friend. Since I gaze at shoes.
I'm always up for a fan moment about bands.
Hit me up if you're in the windy city.